Garbageman - Poor service

1.8
Additional Fees

They have missed multiple pick ups and will not come back for my trash they expect you to just keep piling it up and they claim they will pick it up next week . Customer service is very rude. There's been multiple occasions where they leave a garbage can in the middle of the garage door and in my pick up you cannot see it when you back up and I've hit it multiple times

Garbageman - Did not pick up trash as agreed

1.3
Additional Fees

GarbageMan, A Green Company is not reliable. On several occasions they did not pick up my trash.

When I called their 800 number, I NEVER got a live person, only an answering machine. Most of the time they called back but several times they did not. They always said that I must not have put my trash out in time (I put it out the night before). Once they said their trucks were broken down and they couldn't get out until the following week.

Don't waste your time with these guys . .

. they are running their business on a shoestring eveidently.

Product or Service Mentioned: Garbageman Waste Recycling Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Garbageman - Horrible and Incompetent

Additional Fees

Garbage Man a Green Company, Aurora CO is horrible. They missed my recycling on the first pick up in July. We let that go. They missed my recycle day on Monday 3 August 15. They have missed before and have always picked up on Tuesday. When this did not happen I called Wednesday. They apologized and said it would be picked up Wednesday the 5th. Well nobody showed up. I called Thursday and was put on hold while they contacted the driver. The representative came back and said my driver assures me he picked it up. I said really? I can assure you he is a liar as I am looking at the recycle still sitting there. They said sorry again and that a truck would not be in our neighborhood until Monday the 10th. Friday I was home from work. There was a voice mail from them at 7:15 A.M. saying sorry again and to please put the recycle back out and they would make a special trip. Nobody showed up again. I called Monday the 10th. I was told I don't know why they would promise to pick it up Friday. Looked at my account and said there was a missed recycle pickup scheduled for that day, 10 Aug. could not explain why the other promised pickups were not in my account. Well nobody showed up again on the 10th!

So no recycle pick up for 3 or 10 (promised missed pick up) Aug or our next Aug pick up scheduled for 17 Aug. They did not pick up my recycling again on Monday, 14 Sep 15. I called Tuesday the 15th and was told that the driver did not complete his route again. This is a common occurrence with the company. I was told they would complete the route and pick it up on the 15th. Again nobody showed up. I called again on the 16th and was told they would pick it up on the 16th. Well nobody showed up again! I have no place to store yet another two weeks of recycling on top of what I already have in hopes they might actually show up when they are supposed to. I went to the BBB for resolution.

This is the reply form The Garbage Man a Green Company to my BBB complaint. We have been having unprecedented truck issues this week that have resulted in delays for several customers, and inhibited our ability to go back for customers who have slipped through the cracks. It should have been informed to you at the time you had called, that while we were hoping to be able to go back for you, we would not be able to guarantee a same day pick up. We are very sorry for any inconveniences caused by this back up, but we are on track to be caught up by the end of the week, and are taking steps to avoid these issues from arising in the future.

Apparently they have not resolved their issues as they missed my entire neighborhood's recycle again on 28 Sep! I called again this morning 29 Sep. I was not told of any truck issues or that the driver did not complete the route. The representative said huh they didn't pick up your recycle? I now have 6 weeks’ worth of recycling piled up on the side of my house and in my garage. I had to file a second BBB complaint because they never showed up again!

We ended up with 7 weeks of recycle piled up before someone finally picked it up after two BBB complaints. Well Déjà vu! 12 Oct I was on vacation so no recycle or trash was put out. 26 Oct both recycle and trash picked up. But 9 Nov no recycle pick up again! I called 10 Nov and spoke to Emily. She called back and left a message on my home phone promising it would be pick up that evening. Nobody showed up. I called on 11 Nov and was told it would be picked up that day. I received a call the afternoon of 11 Nov and was told they had another truck break down and might not be able to get it that day, but it would be picked up the 12th of Nov. Of course nobody showed up again! It is not just us, but our entire neighborhood that they are missing time and time again. They told us trucks broke down. But our neighbor called for the same missed pick up and was told they got all new trucks but have missed pickups because their drivers are still learning how to use them. Well which is it? At least get your lies and excuses straight. Canceled service and called 3 times to have container picked up. Still sitting at my house. So incompetent they can't even pick up their own property!

Product or Service Mentioned: Garbageman Waste Recycling Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Stopped picking up our recycle, Promised to pick up next day and never show up, 100 dollars to cancel contract even when services not provided.

Garbageman - Garbage Man, A green company

1.8
Additional Fees

If you are looking for a garbage Hauler in the Sioux Falls area do not go with Garbage Man. I have had more issues with them than I have with all the other garbage Haulers I have dealt with.

For example I have a single car driveway and they keep leaving the cans at the front and middle of the driveway. They have also not picked up all my garbage and recycling at times. Their customer service sounds like they will take care of it but they same issues keep happening.

Then you have the issue of them pulling you into ridiculous multi-year contracts to keep you stuck with them unless you want to pay a ridiculous fee to get out of the contract. So at least in the Sioux Falls, SD area there are plenty of better options that allow you to go month to month.

Product or Service Mentioned: Garbageman Waste Recycling Service.

Reason of review: issues not being resolved.

Preferred solution: go out of business.

I didn't like: Problems not being fixed.